- 100 ml Olive Oil
- bunch of fresh rosemary
- 800 g pumpkin, to be cut in 1 cm cubes
- 400 g uncooked arborio rice
- 2 chopped, red onions
- 1 litre vegetable stock, hot when added
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the pumpkin cubes with 1/3 of the olive oil and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in an oven tin.
- Roast the pumpkin for approximately 15 minutes at 220 degrees.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions.
- Add the rice and fry it until the grains of rice are glassy.
- Add the hot stock little by little.
- Add half of the roasted pumpkin.
- Carry on adding stock until the rice is soft.
- It takes approx. 45 minutes to cook a good risotto.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add half of the Parmesan cheese, the rest of the pumpkin and the black pepper.
- Leave the lid on the pan for 5 minutes.