Buckwheat – almond – apple cake with olive oil
Gluten-free apple cake with warm spices. Delicious, all year round!
- 100 ml mild extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g maple syrup
- 200 g yogurt
- 120 g almond flour
- 120 g buckwheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ‘Speculaas’ spices (1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of cloves can be used as well if no ‘Speculaas’ spices are available)
- zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1 grated apple, for batter
- 6 apples cut in 1/8 pieces, sprinkled with lemon juice for top of the cake
- Optionally: 1 vanilla pod
Mix the almond flour, buckwheat flower, baking powder and ‘Speculaas’ spices. In another bowl mix the OliveOil, sugar, maple syrup, yoghurt, lemon zest, and eggs into a smooth batter (add the vanilla here if it’s used). Add the dry ingredients to the batter and finally add the grated apple. Pour the batter in a baking tin and put the apple slices on top of the cake. Bake the cake 35/40 minutes at 170 degrees. Buon appetite!